Oh February you don't know how pleased I am that you are no more. Don't get me wrong I had a great February, but March is one of my favourite months as it signals the start of spring and everything just seems cheerier. This month I'm looking forward to finally losing the winter coat, completing my first half marathon (eek!) and generally enjoying the lighter evenings over the next month. But before I get started on March let's look at the last four weeks and see what's been going on...
There was a crazy amount of running, 39.7 miles in total and that included this stupidly long sessions. I think I'm now all set for next weeks half marathon...
There was obviously also a lot baking and eating to counteract all the good work that the running did! My three favourite things were these peanut butter and chocolate cookies, our chicken, leek, ham and mushroom soup pie and the smoothies. Delicious!
The icing on the cake of last month was finally meeting this gorgeous little girl - just look at those cheeks and those tiny fingers!
February was also the month where I met Mr. Dinosaur at Jamie Oliver's new Diner in Piccadilly - isn't he awesome? Plus I experienced the food heaven that is a pitt waffle - a waffle doused in scrummy pulled pork - A-MAZE-ING!
Near the end of February I finally started my awesome new work notebook, who doesn't love flamingos?
And created this inspiration wall at work. Just on the right hand side you can sort of make out my Rob Ryan calendar and some of my favourite Disney calendar images. But more on this wall another time...
Then I was treated to this flashback film image on my daily calendar. I love The Jungle Book so much and this image makes me smile, and start humming...
So there we have it a quick run through some of my Instagram pics, but what else has been occurring, well...
- I had a mini shopping spree at Forever 21 (x2 gorgeous necklaces) and H&M (cardies and dresses galore!) but that was it for clothes - amazingly little for me!
- I may have got carried away in the Kindle sale - aka I now have six new books on my TBR pile. Oops!
- I watched the film The Monuments Men which was superb and I highly recommend. It's such an interesting story and what those soldiers did was amazing.
- I become a little (read a lot) obsessed with peppermint tea!
- Enjoyed lots of catch ups with some of my favourite people, some of which involved delicious food (with dinosaurs no less)!
- Played more board games - yes really who's have thought it!
- Reminded myself how much I love homemade pizza
- Had a total nightmare with our gas and electricity company, thankfully I think it's almost sorted. *crossed fingers hopefully*
- Saw the brilliant Wakey!Wakey! in concert - god I love their songs so much
- Laughed out loud at this Real Life Wednesday post, decided I really wanted to make this banana cake, really enjoyed linking up with other runners here, dreamt about making this pulled pork recipe again and decided I really need to make this sweet potato, mozzarella and egg skillet recipe - it looks delicious.
- Ranted about house buying as it's really not a fun thing to be doing
- Passed my three months probation at my new job and realised that I'm really really happy there - it was most definitely the right move for me.
So what about you, what have you been up to? Let me know your highlights, low-lights and general happy things from the last month!